The concept of Krav Maga is to take the most simple and practical techniques of other fighting styles like boxing, wrestling and street fighting and make them quick and easy to teach. The name itself can be translated from Hebrew to English as “contact combat.” There are several organizations, including officers of the law, learning the aggressive defensive and offensive maneuvers that Krav Maga has to offer.
Classes require the following modifications to keep everyone safer:
- Please review the new requirements here.
- Prior to your first class, please read the class participation Safety Guidelines.
- Online booking per student per class is now required. See all available class times here.
Classes are held Mondays, Wednesdays
& some Fridays from 6:00-7:30 PM Pacific
|Meeting Days||Reserve an In-Person Class||Reserve an Online Class|
|Mondays & Wednesdays||Book M/W In-Person||Book M/W Online|
|Fridays||Book Fri In-Person||Book Fri Online|
Step 2: Please make your payment at least one day before class.
Compensation for the highly trained Defense Instructor for education that could save your life is as follows – In-Person (P) / Online(O):
- One Drop-In Class 10(P) / 10(O)
Payment goes toward an Unlimited package upon same day signup.
- Unlimited (month by month) 99(P) / 94(O)
- Limited (Mondays & Wednesdays) 55(P) / 50(O)
Step 3: Enjoy class!
A snapshot of what to expect with a Krav Maga class:
- Warm-up for safety.
- Physical activity ranges from low to high impact depending on the students in attendance.
Personalized adjustments can be offered for a variety of fitness levels.
- Techniques are focused on self-defense including yet not limited to strikes & kicks from a vertical or horizontal position.
- Exercises encourage conditioning and development of the body and mind.
- Lessons train the student to be prepared for multiple types of attacks.
- Diversity is valued. Women and men ages 13 to 99 are welcome.
- Be prepared to work with others.
- Clothes that are comfortable, safe, and will not impair anyone’s movement are required.
- Water is typically available. However, your own hydration is recommended to make for efficient breaks during larger attendance.
Seminars are currently offered by request for Self-Defense, Firearms and Wilderness.
The goal is to help you increase awareness of situations and circumstances as well as tools to defend yourself. Remember your safety is your responsibility. We can help you gain the skills. These seminars are customized to the audience. The expectations above for Krav Maga can be a general preparation guideline. Further expectations may be shared between scheduling and the event itself.
Please include a NOTE with your full Name, Seminar Date and Type in a secure $40 payment for your reservation.
Beginner Firearms training teaches students the basics about handguns.
- Parts of a handgun (revolver, semi-automatic, others as available)
- Handling a handgun
- Aiming a handgun
- Loading a handgun
- Shooting a handgun
Generally, students are required to wear comfortable outdoor gear appropriate for the expected weather at either Firearms or Wilderness seminar location. Further expectations may be added per seminar posting.
NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course
This course is the best way to learn the basics of pistol shooting from the top firearms training organization in the world! In some states this is the first step to obtaining a concealed carry permit. No short cuts are taken and we aim for every student to gain a thorough understanding of pistols. The content of this course is designed to accommodate all types of learning styles and help everyone earn a top score.
Location: Indoor Range of the Spokane Rifle Club
- First Half is Classroom / Lecture
- Written Test (100% preparation to handle firearm)
- Short Bring Your Own Lunch Break
- Second Half is Range / Shooting
- Range Test (primarily focused on safety)
Included in this Course:
- Course Material (booklet)
- Range Fee
- Variety of pistols to practice with
- Up to ~100 rounds of ammunition (for onsite in class use only)
- Protective wear for eyes and ears
- Light snack
Coming Soon SIGN UP NOW >
Optional Items for You to Bring:
- Your own pistol (clean and in good repair)
- Your own ammunition
- Your own protective wear for eyes and ears
- A writing instrument (pen, pencil, digital)
- A notepad (paper or digital)
- Non-alcoholic beverage
How to Prepare for this Course:
- Read the Spokane Rifle Club Range Safety Information
- Recommended Attire:
- Cover your skin with tighter fitting clothes that are maneuverable and comfortable to help you handle your firearm safely.
- Wear closed toed flat shoes with a decent grip to help you with a proper firing stance.
- Brimmed hats can offer a little extra protection from hot cartridges that fly in the air after being ejected.
- Bring your eager happy ready to learn self a few minutes early to sign in at the Spokane Rifle Club 6411 N Aubrey L White Pkwy, Spokane, WA 99208 🙂
WILDERNESS / SURVIVAL
Beginner Wilderness / Survival training teaches students the basics about how to survive outdoors. Some of the highlights are listed below:
- First Aid
Generally, students are required to wear comfortable outdoor gear appropriate for the expected weather at Wilderness / Survival seminar location. Further expectations may be added as seminars are posted.
Please include a NOTE with your full Name, Seminar Date and Type in a secure $50 payment for your reservation.